Skip to Main Content
Resources for Community Patrons
The library is open to all members of the campus and community. Please see current campus COVID guidelines for information about wearing masks.
How to borrow from Reed Library
- Bring a valid photo ID (NYS drivers license, non-driver ID card from NYS Dept. of Motor Vehicles, military ID, passport, FredCard) to the Circulation Desk.
- Fill out a brief form to apply for a community borrower's card. There is no fee for your card.
- As a Library card holder, you are subject to fines and are responsible for any late, lost, or damaged items. Please refer to our circulation policies.
- Any fines must be paid in-person at the Circulation Desk.
- If you would like to renew an item, you will need to call the Circulation Desk at 716-673-3184. At this time, community members cannot renew materials online.
- Keep in mind that Library hours vary over the course of the year. Please refer to our hours.
- If you have any questions, please call 716-673-3184.
How to make photocopies
- Photocopy machines do not accept change.
- You can purchase a Fredonia gift card and have value placed on it at the college bookstore or convenience store.
- Swipe your card.
- Photocopies are $.10/page.
- Double-sided copies are not available.
How to use Reed Library computers
- Bring a valid photo ID (drivers license, non-driver ID card, military ID, passport, FredCard) to the Circulation Desk. You must be 18 or older. You are responsible for supervising any minors you may have with you. The library bears no responsibility for Internet content.
- Register for a long-term username and password that will expire on February 1 or September 1.
- There are four computers for community use. If those machines are occupied, you will have to wait until one of the machines opens.
- These four computers have access to pre-installed software, Internet, the library catalog and library databases.
- Printing is available through the purchase of a top-up card at the Circulation Desk. Top-up cards can be purchased using a Fredonia gift card, available at the campus bookstore or convenience store.
- When Reed Library is busy, community users may be asked to relinquish computers to Fredonia students at any time.
One of our microform machines allows for free printing direct from the film. Another can scan the film to a PDF, which you may email to yourself to print. Students can print this PDF using their print quota. Community members will need to purchase a print top-up card if they wish to print the item in the Library.
Gift and Donation Policy
We value the donation of gifts to our collections and appreciate resources that support the mission of State University of New York at Fredonia.
The following are the guidelines for accepting gifts:
- The Library accepts materials that directly support the curriculum, enhance current research areas, support current curricular interests, add to the College archives or local history collections, or demonstrate literary merit.
- As with purchases, the Library will adhere to current cooperative collection development agreements in their decisions to add items to the collection.
- Gifts become the property of the College upon receipt, and the Library will determine the use or disposition of these materials.
- Materials must be in good condition.
- Materials not accepted into the collection will be discarded, donated or sold and monies designated for building the collection.
- Bookplates will be inserted into materials at the request of the donor.
- Gifts will be acknowledged in a letter from the Library Director or the Collection Development Librarian upon request of the person donating the materials.
- Appraisals and/or lists of books donated are the responsibility of donors and must be completed before the donation is made to the Library. Donors should consult their tax advisors about the need for a professional appraisal.
- Questions about donations to the Music Collection should be directed to Katelynn Telford, Interim Music Librarian, at 716-673-4939 or email@example.com.
- For archival donations, please see the Special Collections & Archives Policies & Forms Page
Daniel A. Reed Library • The State University of New York at Fredonia • 280 Central Ave., Fredonia, NY 14063 • 716-673-3184 • Fax: 716-673-3185 • firstname.lastname@example.org
FB: @ReedLibraryInsta: @SUNYFredLibrary X: @SUNYFredLibrary
Accessibility Statement: Reed Library is dedicated to making information accessible for everyone. If you notice an accessibility issue within this guide, please contact Katelynn Telford
Except where otherwise noted, this guide is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.