Skip to Main Content
The mission of Reed Library is to provide quality services and to collect, organize, disseminate, teach, and facilitate access to information in support of the curricular needs of SUNY Fredonia's students and faculty, as well as the intellectual needs of the broader SUNY Fredonia community.
Reed Library is committed to the following core values:
- Learning: creating physical and online environments that support both intellectual curiosity and innovative thinking, and that contribute to professional and personal growth for all members of the university community. Reed Library faculty and staff work with students and faculty to promote and develop information literacy skills, which facilitate lifelong learning.
- Service: providing efficient, timely, accurate, and informed service in a professional manner that is respectful of and responsive to the needs of our patrons and our colleagues.
- Quality resources: supporting access to a broad spectrum of shared resources that meet the learning and information needs of the university community. Reed Library will manage fiscal resources through data-based decision making by:
- Responding to the changing state of knowledge and the curriculum by continually evaluating collections and services, implementing change as appropriate;
- Facilitating access to local, national, and international information resources;
- Ensuring the preservation and availability of official records and other materials which document the history of SUNY Fredonia.
- Community: building collaborative and collegial relationships within all areas of the university community, and with external partners, in support of our mission. Reed Library will engage in regional, state, and national efforts of Library cooperation, to ensure that the Fredonia academic community has access to the broader universe of information.
- Responsiveness: welcoming diverse ideas and perspectives, responding with flexibility to a changing environment, and experimenting with structures and technologies that offer new opportunities.
Daniel A. Reed Library • The State University of New York at Fredonia • 280 Central Ave., Fredonia, NY 14063 • 716-673-3184 • Fax: 716-673-3185 • email@example.com
FB: @ReedLibraryInsta: @SUNYFredLibrary X: @SUNYFredLibrary
Accessibility Statement: Reed Library is dedicated to making information accessible for everyone. If you notice an accessibility issue within this guide, please contact Katelynn Telford
Except where otherwise noted, this guide is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.