Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Click image to enlarge
- Primary Sources
- Research & Development: A researcher makes a discovery, develops a product or a new methodology, etc. Notes are taken in a lab notebook
- Conference Proceedings and Research Reports: The researcher presents findings at a conference or writes a research report
- Journal Article (Original Research): The researcher submits an article for review and the article is published in a peer-reviewed journal
- Secondary Sources
- Journal Article (Article Review): Journal articles become secondary resources when they are reviewed, and appear in a review article
- Books/Textbooks: The findings of the article are later summarized and published in books
Reed Library is dedicated to making information accessible for everyone. If you notice an accessibility issue within this guide, please contact Katelynn Telford at email@example.com.
Daniel A. Reed Library • The State University of New York at Fredonia • 280 Central Ave., Fredonia, NY 14063 • 716-673-3184 • Fax: 716-673-3185 • firstname.lastname@example.org