These instructions will help you generate a bibliography using EndNote Web. The bibliography page is inserted at the end of your paper and lists all of the sources you've cited within the paper. Bibliography pages are called Works Cited pages in MLA, and References pages in APA.
1. In the EndNote Web toolbar, hover over Format, then click Bibliography.
2. In the bibliography settings:
- Next to References, choose the group with the citations you want to include in your bibliography. (If you do not use groups, choose "All References in My Library.") In this example, we are taking citations from a group called "Nancy Drew."
- Next to Bibliographic Style, choose your citation style, such as APA or MLA. In this example, we are using APA format.
- Next to File Format, choose RTF for a Microsoft Word- and LibreOffice-compatible file.
3. Click Save. EndNote Web will generate the bibliography and save it to your computer.
4. Open the bibliography in your word processor and check to make sure it is correct before inserting it in your paper.
Our virtual reference service is available around the clock for any questions you may have.
Fredonia librarians are available
Monday - Thursday: 10 am - 6 pm
Friday: 10 am - 4 pm
Sunday: 3 pm - 7 pm
Schedule an individual research appointment with a librarian. We are currently meeting virtually due to COVID-19.
Please address any questions or concerns to email@example.com
Daniel A. Reed Library • The State University of New York at Fredonia • 280 Central Ave., Fredonia, NY 14063 • 716-673-3184 • Fax: 716-673-3185 • firstname.lastname@example.org