Welcome! This guide will show Fredonia faculty members how to use Reed Library's OneSearch tool to quickly import citations into Digital Measures. Importing your citations saves you the time and trouble of manually entering them.
A video tutorial is also available.
1. On Reed Library's homepage, enter your name in the OneSearch box and click "Search."
Note: We do not generally recommend OneSearch as a research tool for faculty, but its folder feature and breadth of citations makes it ideal for gathering citations for Digital Measures. However, OneSearch may not have citations for all of your publications.
2. You'll be taken to a page with your search results. On that page, make any refinements to the search you would like (e.g., limiting to only journal articles and book chapters) in the left sidebar. Then find each citation you would like to add to your Digital Measures profile. On each citation, click on the folder icon to the right of the title to save it to your working folder.
Note: Your folder in OneSearch is cleared when you close the window. Be sure to save any citations you are working with before leaving OneSearch, as once you have left, your folder can't be recovered.
3. Once you've gathered all of your citations, click on the folder icon in the upper-right corner of the page. You will be taken to the list of citations you've saved.
4. On your folder page, click "Export" at the head of the list of citations, then click "BibTeX." You'll be prompted to download a file; save it in a convenient location, such as the desktop or your downloads folder.
1. Log in to Digital Measures and go to your Manage Activities screen, then click on "Intellectual Contributions" in the "Scholarship/Research" section.
Note: Reed Library does not provide support for Digital Measures. For help with Digital Measures, click the "Help" link in the Digital Measures sidebar.
2. Click the "Import" button at the top of the page.
3. In the "Import from a BibTeX file" section on the left, click "Choose File," then navigate to the file you saved from OneSearch.
4. Digital Measures will process the file and show you a list of authors appearing in the citations.
Match any Fredonia faculty, including yourself, to their Digital Measures accounts.
Then click "Continue" in the upper-right corner.
5. Review the citations to ensure you want to import them. Then click "Finish Import" in the upper-right corner. The citations will be added to your list of contributions. Click each citation to ensure the information that's been imported is complete and correct.
Daniel A. Reed Library • The State University of New York at Fredonia • 280 Central Ave., Fredonia, NY 14063 • 716-673-3184 • Fax: 716-673-3185 • firstname.lastname@example.org