Skip to main content
Library Policy on Use of 3D Printers
Individuals who use the Library's 3D Printers must comply with University and Reed Library Policies.
Specifically, the library's 3D printer may not be used to create materials that are:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Prohibited by University Policies.
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous, or poses an immediate threat to the well-being of others.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the campus environment.
- In violation of intellectual property rights.
The Library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
Designing 3D Models
Below are a few Lynda.com tutorials on how to use different 3D design software programs. Refer back to the software section for available programs and the links to download them.
An intro to using TinkerCAD and the basics of 3D modeling.
An overview of modeling 3D designs in Blender 2.6.
A tutorial in manipulating objects, drawing in 2D and 3D space, and designing ideas in SketchUp Make.
A tutorial on how to create a captive sphere using OpenSCAD's text instructions.
Daniel A. Reed Library
Questions? Email us!
|Available 3D Printing Hours
|Monday - Friday
|10:00am - 5:00pm
Daniel A. Reed Library • The State University of New York at Fredonia • 280 Central Ave., Fredonia, NY 14063 • 716-673-3184 • Fax: 716-673-3185 • email@example.com